This blog is designed to give educators some background and tools for incorporating blogging into their curriculum.
RSS

Friday, December 11, 2009

Help Me Out: Practical Applications for Web 2.0 Apps in Education

I have a vision - to compile a comprehensive list of Web 2.0 tools (wait...it doesn't stop there). I want to create a practical resource database of Web 2.0 tools (lesson ideas, lesson plans, practical teaching ideas). I don't want to stop at saying "Try this" - I want to be able to say, "Try this, by doing this, this, and this to achieve this outcome". Will you help me?

Please help me by completing the following form
(hosted by Google Docs):
http://bit.ly/5wY1l3


There are literally thousands (and likely more) Web 2.0 applications that can be used (and should be used) in education. I am compiling a list of applications and I would like to include at least one practical education use for each. If successful, I would like to compile a collaborative digital resource, to which you will all contribute, in an effort to provide educators with a useful tool to engage students and enhance their learning experience.

(Examples: Blogging (Wordpress, Blogger, EduBlogs, etc.), Twitter, Wikis (Wikispaces, PBWorks), YouTube, Facebook, MySpace, iPhones / iTouches (Know any cool apps to use? How do you use them?), Evernote, GoogleDocs (that's what this form is created on!), Other Google Apps (Calendars, Sites), Polleverywhere, Audacity, etc., etc.) The list goes on, and on, and on, and on.........

Often, educators are provided with the names of Web 2.0 type tools and their locations. They get an idea of what the tool does, but are often not provided with any practical feedback / direction for how the tool can actually be used in a classroom setting or any other learning environment. I am hoping that this project will bridge that all important gap so that we can get more and more educators on board with the digital world of education.

Thank you for your participation. I'll let you know where it goes.

Please help me by completing the following form
(hosted by Google Docs):
http://bit.ly/5wY1l3

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting. We hope that you have found this information worthwhile and enjoyable.